To Patients of The Healing Clinics,
On Wednesday, May 27th, Louisiana House Bill 819 was passed by the Louisiana Senate. The bill had already been passed the House on the previous Friday. The bill will include additional conditions allowed to be recommended for treatment with medical marijuana in the State of Louisiana.
Along with the conditions already approved under previous legislation, a patient with any condition determined to be debilitating by a physician licensed by the State of Louisiana can be recommended for treatment with medical marijuana.
Specifically, the following conditions were added to the existing list of debilitating conditions:
• Alzheimer's disease.
• Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
• Huntington's disease
• Lewy body dementia
• Motor neuron disease
• Spinal muscular atrophy
• Traumatic brain injury
• A concussion diagnosed by a physician
• Chronic pain associated with fibromyalgia
• Chronic pain associated with sickle cell disease
• Any condition for which a patient is receiving hospice care or palliative care.
• Any condition not otherwise specified in present law or proposed law that a
physician, in his medical opinion, considers debilitating to an individual patient
and is qualified through his medical education and training to treat.
In addition, the bill also repeals requirements for the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners to issue rules and regulations concerning the recommendation of medical marijuana by physicians.
Call us at 318-227-4088 today for more information!
Be safe and well,
The Healing Clinics, LLC